The Real Herb Market (RHMarket) is a marketplace where you can sell your handmade herbals and Herb-based creations directly to buyers in the United States of America. We want to make sure that you and your buyers have a positive experience on RHMarket. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a seller.
Keeping in mind these basic requirements will set you up for success on RHMarket.
RHMarket is a marketplace where Buyers connect with Herbs, Herbal products, and the Herbalists who make them. Everything listed for sale on RHMarket must be handmade by the RHMarket shop owner or a small team developed and directed by the RHMarket shop owner.
Handmade items are items that are made and/or designed by you, the seller. Read our full Handmade Policy here.
If you sell handmade items, you agree that:
- All handmade items are made or designed by you. If you work with a production partner, you must disclose that production partner in your relevant listings.
- You accurately describe every person involved in the making of an item in your shop in your About section.
- You are using your own photographs or video content —not stock photos, artistic renderings, or photos used by other sellers or sites.
- All listings are available for purchase at a set price.
- If you are using photographs of previous work with options for customization (like scent choices) included in the listing, it is clear in your description that the photos shown are just examples.
We encourage you to be transparent about how your supplies were made and where your materials come from. You can disclose whether your items have social or environmental attributes, such as organic or recycled. You can also specify the location of manufacture or, in the case of bulk or packaged herbs, the gathering or growing method.
Wildcrafted and Farm-grown Herbs and Herbals
You may choose to sell wildcrafted or farm-grown herbals on the RHMarket. You must define where such products were sourced in the listing for each one. So, if you wildcrafted an herb, include that information in your listing. Likewise, if you have grown the herb yourself or harvested it from a local farm, you should specify where, when, and how you obtained it in the listing for that herb. Sellers who are Herb Farmers that specify that all their products were sourced on their farm in their About page do not need to specify their farm as the source for any of the herbals they sell, but they do need to specify if they are selling herbs that were not sourced from their farm.
Even if they otherwise meet our marketplace criteria, prohibited items, services, and items that violate our intellectual property policies are not allowed to be sold on RHMarket.
Reselling is prohibited on RHMarket. Reselling refers to listing an item when you were not involved in designing or making that item.
Keep in mind that members may flag listings that appear to violate our policies for RHMarket’s review. RHMarket may remove any listings that violate our policies. RHMarket may also suspend or terminate your account for any violations. You’ll still need to pay any outstanding fees owed to RHMarket. See our Fees & Payments Policy for more info.
If you are raising money on behalf of a charity, you must obtain that charity’s consent. Follow the rules and regulations that pertain to your locality as makes sense. See our help page on Charitable Donations for more info.
Your shop represents you and your business to the RHMarket community. It’s important that you, your items and your shop are honestly and accurately represented.
By selling on RHMarket, you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information in your About section.
- Honor your Shop Policies.
- Ensure your shop content, such as any text, photos or videos used to represent yourself, your shop or your listings, abide by RHMarket’s policies, including our Anti-Discrimination policy.
- Accurately represent your items in listings and listing photos.
- Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has violated your intellectual property rights, you can report it to RHMarket.
- Not engage in fee avoidance.
- Not create duplicate shops or take any other action (such as manipulating clicks, carts or sales) for the purpose of shilling, manipulating search or circumventing RHMarket’s policies.
- Not coordinate pricing with other sellers.
By listing a product for sale on RHMarket you understand and agree that you are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations for the products you list for sale, including any required labels and warnings. RHMarket assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, labeling, or content of your listings.
Meeting Service Level Standards
As a seller, you must provide great customer service and maintain trust with your buyers. These requirements are called our Seller Service Level Standards. RHMarket may reach out to you if your shop fails to meet RHMarket’s Seller Service Level Standards.
By selling on RHMarket, you agree to:
- Honor your shipping and processing times. Sellers are obligated to ship an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance. Please be aware that legal requirements for shipping times vary by country. Read more in our Shipping Policy.
- Respond to Messages in a timely manner.
- Honor the commitments you make in your shop policies.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order.
- Maintain active listings-if you have no active listings for a period of six months, your account will be suspended and you will need to contact RHMarket to re-activate it to begin selling again. If you do not re-activate your account within 366 days from the date of suspension, your account will be removed from the RHMarket and you will lose your place as a seller on the RHMarket and will need to re-apply to become a seller with RHMarket should you wish to sell with us again.
Being a Member of the RHMarket Community
At RHMarket, everyone is expected to treat fellow members of the RHMarket community with respect. As a seller, you have additional responsibilities to safeguard personal information and communicate promptly with buyers in order to provide a great customer experience.
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, harassing, or otherwise in violation of our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Obscene or vulgar;
- In violation of someone else’s privacy or intellectual property rights; or
- False, deceptive, or misleading.
In particular, when you sell using our Services (subject to this Policy), you may receive and determine what to do with certain personal information, such as when communicating with users and entering into transactions with buyers. This means you process personal information (for example, buyer name, email address, and shipping address) and, to the extent you do so, under EU law, you are an independent controller of data relating to other users that you may have obtained through the Services. For more information on the General Data Protection Regulation, see more resources here. As a data controller (that is someone who decides what personal data is collected and the purpose you’ll use the data for) to the extent that you process user personal information outside of the Services, you may be required under applicable data protection and privacy laws to honor requests received from such users for data access, portability, correction, deletion, and objections to processing. Also, if you disclose personal information without the buyer’s proper consent, you are responsible for that unauthorized disclosure. This includes, for example, disclosures you make or unintentional data breaches. For example, you may receive a buyer’s email address or other information as a result of entering into a transaction with that buyer. This information may only be used for RHMarket-related communications or for RHMarket-facilitated transactions. You may not use this information for unsolicited commercial messages or unauthorized transactions. Without the buyer’s consent, and subject to other applicable RHMarket policies and laws, you may not add any RHMarket member to your email or physical mailing list, use that buyer’s identity for marketing, or obtain or retain any payment information. Please bear in mind that you’re responsible for knowing the standard of consent required in any given instance. If RHMarket and you are found to be joint data controllers of personal information, and if RHMarket is sued, fined, or otherwise incurs expenses because of something that you did in your capacity as a joint data controller of buyer personal information, you agree to indemnify RHMarket for the expenses it occurs in connection with your processing of buyer personal information.
At RHMarket, we value open communication. We do our best to open as many avenues of communication between sellers, buyers and RHMarket as we can.
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member or violating our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
- Contacting another member via RHMarket Messages to warn them away from a particular member, shop, or item;
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review;
- Creating or using an independent buyer account to maliciously upvote another shop’s negative reviews in order to position those reviews more prominently.
- Harassment Any use of RHMarket Messages to harass other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly, Messages may not be used to support or glorify hatred or otherwise violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy. If you receive a Message that violates this policy, please let us know right away.
Feedback, Disputes and Your Success
- Contain private information;
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
- Violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Contain prohibited medical drug claims;
- Contain advertising or spam;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, RHMarket or a third party;
- Contain threats or extortion;
- Include shilling or otherwise falsely inflate a shop’s review score; or
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
We ask buyers and sellers to attempt to resolve disputes directly. Buyers should contact the seller with whom they have a dispute and attempt to resolve. Sellers should respond directly to buyers to resolve disputes.
In the event a shop sees an unusual spike in orders, particularly in a high demand category, a shop may see an increase or decrease in its search ranking. Often, if a shop sees an increase in fulfilled orders and good reviews, this may result in higher visibility and search rank. However, sometimes a rapid increase in orders can reduce visibility.
In addition, we may limit the visibility of listings or ads in the interest of keeping RHMarket safe, and improving our Services. For example, listings or ads may have decreased visibility because they include terms that represent a prohibited item or based on third party policies. While these listings or ads may have limited visibility, they are still discoverable in search.
If RHMarket has reason to believe you, Your Content, or your use of the Services violate our Terms, including this Seller Policy, we may deactivate Your Content or suspend or terminate your account (and any accounts RHMarket determines is related to your account) and your access to the Services. Generally, RHMarket will notify you that Your Content or account has been suspended or terminated, unless you’ve repeatedly violated our Terms or we have legal or regulatory reasons preventing us from notifying you.